Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Crossfit: Week 8!, day 1

Weight: 245 (+2!) This was mostly travel eating and salt, lost 3 of it this morning already.

Workout
4 rounds
400m run
24" box Jumps (I did step up)
3 Snatches from ground (90#, 85% of 1RM)

Had a terrific workout yesterday and I hope it's the start of a new trend for this week.  Zero injury and great effort on my part I felt.  I was still towards the back of the back finishing but I felt like I gave it a great effort.  Increased my step ups from 20" to 24" and I could tell the difference.  I hope to be at 20" box jumps with no stepping by the end of August at the latest, but we'll see.

I'm very sore today.  Quads, calves, shoulders are all on fire.  I guess that's proof that I really left it out there.  I'll take it.

Today looks like another workout that I should be able to do all the things maybe without much scale (I still can't do DU or pullups so those workouts are instant scale).  I'm going to try and get 5 rounds finished in the 12 min AMRAP.  If I can do that I'll be pretty happy.


No comments: