Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Crossfit: Week 10, Day 1 + Recap

So I haven't given up, but I have been on vacation (planned before Crossfit began so it wasn't a 'I'm tired of the gym' vacation).

I got 2 workouts in during week 8 before missing the 3rd day's class start and then being out the rest of that week and the entire next week.  Didn't do much of anything athletically but rested and recovered and feeling pretty good with the decision.

WEEK 10!  Month 3!  Shake off the Vacation (ugh....)

WEIGHT: 241.5 (-3.5)
(Note: I really didn't expect to lose weight over my vacation.  Eating was random and not all healthy and water drinking was low and alcohol was consumed.  But regardless I came back down weight, so maybe my body just needed a break to catch up to all the training.)

Week 10 Day 1 Workout
Strength
3x8 @ 75# Strict Overhead Press
(This was tough, I'm not sure if it was the week off or the fact that my shoulders are not that strong but this was a tough start.  It's somewhere near 65% of my 1RM, but I think that 1RM day was only the 2nd or 3rd time I've done OHP so it's still a weak area for me.)

METCON
6000# Shoulder to Overhead, whatever weight/rep scheme you want to apply
Every time the bar touches the ground you owe 10 T2B.

So I went with 75# * 80 reps.  75# was the weight I did on the previous (tough) strength part and while it was going to be hard I really couldn't see myself going down to say 50# and doing 120 reps.

THIS WAS VERY VERY HARD!!

I started off with a set of 15 and the reps went down from there.  I got 3 rounds of T2B in before I was just beat and focused on getting the lifts in.  I got all 80 reps done with about :10 to spare on my 20:00 time cap and I was really happy with that.  I owed the bank about 50 T2B, but I got the 'meat' of the workout done so I'm happy with that.

Woke up this morning pretty sore and exhausted, but hoping I can drink enough water today to rebound, probably get to bed early and see if that helps.  Tonight's workout is Snatch, and then more snatch.  Going to be a rough one.

No comments: