Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Crossfit: Week 10, day 2. MY FIRST RX!!


BOOOM!!!

Wow, I'm actually pretty stoaked to get my first Rx workout in even if it was an 'easy' workout with none of the things I can't do (T2B, Pullups, box jumps, heavy KB swings, double unders, etc...)

Workout:

Strength
5x2 3 position Snatch getting heavier (got up to 95# which is a total weight PR for me for snatch)

WOD
Every 45s for 6 minutes-(8 reps)
1 Snatch @ appx 75% 1RMRun 300m (mailbox & back)

at 10min mark:Every min for 5 min1 Snatch @ appx 80% 1RM
Run 300m


At 17 min mark:Every 90s for 6 min (4 reps)1 Snatch @ appx 85% of 1RM
Run 300m





So as you can see it was really a 'whatever your % is workout' which worked for me because I can do that.  When the WOD is Rx=135 and you can't do 135 is sorta sucks, but whatever.  Nailed it!

I need to work on the first movement of the snatch.  I can get the bar up but I don't have the explosive pull from knees to hips that I need and that's really keeping me from expanding.  I tried to work on it, but I think I need to come in some class and really just focus on that.

I'm completely exhausted today.  I mean absolutely zero energy.  Tonight's workout is questionable, I might just go home and fall asleep super early.  Weight was down today a pretty decent jump.  Hopefully I can ride this wave and have a big drop come next Monday.

Started to feel like I can really see a difference in my appearance this week.  I should have taken before pictures but I didn't so whatever.

FIRST Rx!!!!!!!!!!  Woo-hoooo

No comments: